So… You lost your job and looking for a new one… I was not working for couple of months… and it can be annoying… you have a lot of free time, you are just going crazy about interviews, not finding a job or just running out of time and money… You still have some time to change your visa, but running out of money… Here are some tips how you can make some extra cash:
- Sell out your staff and unused items – You can do this on Dubizzle or visit the Dubai Flee market. You can find some tips and more info on the fleemarket here.
- Do mystery shopping – We used to do this… a lot… You go, shop and fill in a report. Then you get some cash. This is also good to visit some really nice restaurants and retail shops in Dubai ( and Abu Dhabi). You can eat for free and some companies let you keep the things you bought. Find some tips on mystery shopping here…
Try mystery shopping and Eat for free
- Freelance: If your English is good, then do some freelancing. you can be a social media guru, online expert
- Teach – You will need some good language skills, but you can tutor part time… little ones or adults…
- Train – if you like some kind of sports and you are good at it… find someone to train… One of the biggest problem in Dubai is that people do not go out enough, do not exercise! Motivate some good people and you will feel good about it!
Train someone Dubai
Probably there are more ways… more fun or just simple! We tried some of this… if you have any suggestion or good tips, please do share with us in the comments!
Mystery shopping is easy!
Mystery shopping in Dubai
You can register with one companies a mystery shopper, then you will be given some assignments.
These assignments can be:
- Call a company, bank, restaurant, education institute or even official authorities
- Visit website
- Visit a store and buy something, then if necessary, return it
- Visit a restaurant
The point is, to make a visit and check the level of costumer service, they get your feedback on the costumer service the employees provide, sometimes the company has new website and they want to test or similar occasions.
Usually you would have a budget on how much you can spend on a certain visit, then you will be refunded that amount and paid a certain amount as your shopping fee.
In UAE, there are several trustworty marketing agencies, who do mystery shopping and check costumer services satisfaction, but you will need to be careful!
None of the companies will ask you to pay them any fee to join their mystery shopper team! They may ask you to go and buy something, then refund you the amount, but there is NO registration fee or certification fee. If you are asked, that is a spam.
Before you go ahead and jump in the opportunities, do your research on the company. Start your first month with 1 job, with a smaller amount you can easily afford.
If you tried mystery shopping in Dubai or any other cities, maybe outside UAE, tell us. Share your experience with us!
So Dubai Flee Market is a cheap source of all sorts of good and crazy stuff! If you are new to the country and you are looking for microwave, chair, jeans or ironing desk… for really cheap… then the flee market is where you need to be!
Initially was organized once a month in Safa Park, but now there are different dates for different locations: Ibn Batutta Mall or even at the Trade Center in the summer months.
Check out there website here!
Dubai Flea Markets
Visit Dubai Flea Market
Dubai Flea Market is a second hand market where private individuals with non-commercial intention SELL & BUY everything used, from household items, home appliances, furniture, textile, ceramics, electrical equipment, toys, games, books, DVD’s, clothes, antiques, accessories etc. and handcraft.
If you want to sell your used or old stuff, you can also do that here! As a seller, you will need to pay around 280AED, in this fee you will have some chairs and a huge table to put your things out for the potential buyers!