Now that you already know how easy is to get or to change you driving licence, you will be surprised how many document and approval you will need to get a bottle of vine or a six-pack… simply put a liquor licence. Here are some instructions, details to apply for a Dubai or Abu Dhabi alcohol licence:
First you will need an application form, what you can get at any liquor shop.
The application form you will need to fill it in with your details and get it stamped and signed by your employer.
Theeeen…attach copies of:
- Passport, Residence Visa and Passport Photo (for you and your spouse)
- Tenancy Contract or NOC (No objection Certificate) from your landlord
– Labour Contract (issued by the Ministry of Labour), or
– Salary Certificate if you work in a Free Zone (issued by the Free Zone Authority)
When you are submitting your application form and documents together, you will need to pay a AED 160 municipality fee. Then you will need to give all these to a shop asisstent at any liquer shop.
Complete the application form and get it stamped and signed by your employer then submit this with a copy of your Tenancy Contract.
If your employer and visa hasn’t changed no other documents will be required
Terms & conditions
- You must be non-Muslim and over 21 years old
- You must earn in excess of AED 3,000 per month
- You must be a resident of Dubai and if your visa is stamped in another Emirate other than Dubai or if you are employed by a company in any of Dubai Free Zones you will require a NOC
- If you are self employed you will need to provide a copy of your Trade Licence.
We don’t know too many alcohol shop around Dubai, actually we know only one place, but it’s located in a convinient and surprising place: Mall of the Emirates. The name of the store is MMI and you can enter only from the parking area, on the ground floor, in row D (Next to the Food Court entrance).